Did you know Kale is an excellent source of of health-promoting vitamins A and K? There are so many delicious ways of cooking Kale! Here’s one way I prepare Kale:
- 1 pound kale, chopped
- 1 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Add salt and black pepper to taste
- Finely sliced onions, steam with kale
- 2 Tbs sun dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbs sliced olives (kalamata)
- 1 Tbs sesame seeds
- 5 drops of Soy Sauce or Tamari
- Fill bottom of steamer with 2 inches of water and bring to boil.
- Chop garlic and let it sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- While water is coming to a boil, chop your garlic and slice kale leaves into 1/2-inch slices
- When water comes to a boil, add kale (and onion if desired)to the steamer basket. Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with Mediterranean Dressing ingredients. Mediterranean Dressing does not have to be made separately.
- Top with any/all of optional ingredients.
Tip: For the best flavor, toss with dressing while kale is still hot.