Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups almond milk (sub: coconut milk, or soy milk work just as well)
- 1 Tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey (sweetener sub: stevia, molasses, brown sugar, cane sugar are healthy options as well)
- 1 cup blueberries
Mix almond milk, chia seeds, and honey in the jar and place in refrigitaot for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can let it sit overnight to wake up to a delicious breakfast!
Top with blueberries just before serving.
I make this carrot-apple-ginger glass of delicious goodness at least 3 times each week – it’s packed with nutritious content and offers a lot of health benefits! 🙂
Carrot and ginger juice are great for your immune system because of their rich supply of vitamins A and C.
- Vitamin A helps new cells grow, nourishes your skin and boosts your immune system.
- Vitamin C helps you produce white blood cells and protects from cell-damage
Potassium and Magnesium
Juicing apples, carrots and ginger also helps you consume more potassium and magnesium, two minerals that play key roles in your health.
- Potassium helps your cells transmit electrical impulses, and it keeps your heart, muscles and digestive tract functional.
- Magnesium nourishes your bones and teeth, and helps produce the energy you need to get through the day
Fresh carrots, apples and ginger serve as a refreshing source of vitamin K.
Getting enough vitamin K contributes to the health of your bones, but its main role involves blood clotting.
Using ginger in your juicing provides beneficial phytonutrients, including compounds that fight cancer growth.
The terpenoids activate a cancer-fighting protein called p53, triggering the death of cancer cells!