Quinoa is rich in riboflavin, manganese, iron, contains twice as much fibre than most grains and adds a complete vegetable protein to your breakfast!
Quinoa is also great for people who have gluten intolerance because it is gluten-free. It also contains bioactive substances such as Quercetin which are known for their potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiviral properties.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (any of your favourite berries)
- 1 Tbs pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbs almonds
- 1 tsp honey
Preparing the perfect Quinoa
- Place 1/2 cup well-rinsed quinoa in saucepan with 1 cup water and salt. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low, simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat after 5 minutes.
- Place cooked quinoa in bowl, adding the steel cut oats.
- Top bowl with mixed berries, pumpkin seeds and almonds.
- Add honey to taste.
Suggestion: Serve with Delicious Berry Blast Breakfast Smoothie