I like calling this my “Quick & Healthy Afternoon Lunch” 🙂
- 1 cup Brown Basmati Rice
- 1 table spoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup veggie mix (broccoli, capsicum, asparagus, mushroom, beans, baby corn)
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup chicken (or shrimp)
- 1 table spoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 table spoon sea salt
- 1 table spoon freshly ground black pepper
Boil brown rice in double the amount of water till tender, and drain. While the rice is boiling, cut up your veggies, onion and stir fry in a separate pan along with the chicken (or shrimp). Add the rice. Mix everything well. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the chicken has cooked. Add salt and pepper – serve hot!
Tip: Serving this with freshly made honey, ginger tea is very refreshing and makes for a great afternoon tonic.