I’ve picked my 3 top recommended exercises that can be done from the comfort of your home, and without equipment for strengthening back and enhancing overall posture. Adding to back strengthening, rotating deadlift and twisted bird dog in particular will also help you tone Abs in the process! (Requested Top exercises for Abs also coming soon! Stay tuned!) 😊
1. Rotating Deadlift:
- Stand on your left leg with your right leg behind and right toes resting on the floor. Bend both knees slightly and place your hands behind your head allowing your elbows to open wide.
- Pull your abs toward your spine and keep your back straight as you hinge forward from your hips until your torso is almost parallel to the floor.
- With a flat back, press through your left heel and return to standing. As you do this, twist your torso (shoulders included!) to the left over your front left leg. Be sure to keep your pelvis and hips still and facing forward. This completes one rep.
2. Twisted Bird Dog:
- Get on all fours, with your knees under your hips and your hands under your shoulders. Remember to keep abs engaged and keep your back flat.
- As you extend your right leg out straight, open up your left shoulder for an oblique and back twist.
- Round your back and head to connect your left elbow with your right leg under your body. Extend your right hand and left leg back out for one complete rep.
3. Pilates Mat Swimming:
- Begin on your stomach with your arms extended in front of you.
- Keeping your neck neutral and in line with your spine, lift your feet, arms, and chest from the floor.
- Begin to “swim” by lifting your opposite arm and leg a little higher, then alternate sides, making a fluttering motion.
- Continue this movement for one minute.
(Image credits: Popsugar)