I’ve picked my 3 top recommended exercises that can be done from the comfort of your home, and without equipment for strengthening back and enhancing overall posture. Adding to back strengthening, rotating deadlift and twisted bird dog in particular will also help you tone Abs in the process! (Requested Top exercises for Abs also coming soon! Stay tuned!) 😊
1. Rotating Deadlift:
- Stand on your left leg with your right leg behind and right toes resting on the floor. Bend both knees slightly and place your hands behind your head allowing your elbows to open wide.
- Pull your abs toward your spine and keep your back straight as you hinge forward from your hips until your torso is almost parallel to the floor.
- With a flat back, press through your left heel and return to standing. As you do this, twist your torso (shoulders included!) to the left over your front left leg. Be sure to keep your pelvis and hips still and facing forward. This completes one rep.
2. Twisted Bird Dog:
- Get on all fours, with your knees under your hips and your hands under your shoulders. Remember to keep abs engaged and keep your back flat.
- As you extend your right leg out straight, open up your left shoulder for an oblique and back twist.
- Round your back and head to connect your left elbow with your right leg under your body. Extend your right hand and left leg back out for one complete rep.
3. Pilates Mat Swimming:
- Begin on your stomach with your arms extended in front of you.
- Keeping your neck neutral and in line with your spine, lift your feet, arms, and chest from the floor.
- Begin to “swim” by lifting your opposite arm and leg a little higher, then alternate sides, making a fluttering motion.
- Continue this movement for one minute.
(Image credits: Popsugar)
A lot of people have asked me suggestions for a delicious, low-fat, yet high protein, or more so, “Keto” recipe that I sometimes use when making pancakes for breakfast.
I like to spice my mornings up by trying different recipes and this past weekend my family loved these mouth-watering fluffy Keto pancakes for breakfast! Aaannd without further wait, here is the much anticipated recipe! 🙂
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp homemade Ghee (substitution: butter)
- 1 scoop of your preferred Protein Powder (I use Vega)
- Organic Maple Syrup as desired (for topping)
- Organic berries (for topping)
Servings: 5 Pancakes
- Combine and mix cream cheese, ghee and eggs in a food processor.
- Add protein powder to the mixture and stir in until mixture reaches smooth consistency.
- Pre-Heat skillet on medium heat and pour in the pancake batter
- Cook each pancake for approximately for 2 minutes on each side or till golden and crisp.
- Serve Hot & Enjoy! (I server mine with Chai or a Green Smoothie)
I like calling this my “Quick & Healthy Afternoon Lunch” 🙂
- 1 cup Brown Basmati Rice
- 1 table spoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup veggie mix (broccoli, capsicum, asparagus, mushroom, beans, baby corn)
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup chicken (or shrimp)
- 1 table spoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 table spoon sea salt
- 1 table spoon freshly ground black pepper
Boil brown rice in double the amount of water till tender, and drain. While the rice is boiling, cut up your veggies, onion and stir fry in a separate pan along with the chicken (or shrimp). Add the rice. Mix everything well. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the chicken has cooked. Add salt and pepper – serve hot!
Tip: Serving this with freshly made honey, ginger tea is very refreshing and makes for a great afternoon tonic.
I love mango lassi! 🙂
Adding honey gives my mango lassi a hint of natural sweetness, while the yogurt adds a creamy delicious texture! YUMMY!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2):
- 2 Ripe mangoes peeled
- 1/2 cup of natural unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
- 2 tbs honey
- Ice cubes one handful
- 1 tsp finely chopped Pistachios (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Pour and serve.
Here’s a basic full-body plyometric workout to help you work your way towards a stronger body:
- Start: Warm up with light cardio
- Repeat each circuit 3 times
- End: 5 minutes stretches to cool down
This delicious smoothie promotes cardiovascular health and is packed with enriching nutrients such as B-vitamins, potassium, anti-oxidants, vitamin C, and magnesium!
- 2 cups almond milk (soy milk, coconut milk, or filtered water work equally well!)
- 1 peeled clementines (deseeded)
- 1 banana (can be frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup strawberries
Put all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. Yup, it’s really that simple!
Strengthen your back, obliques and lower back with this 30-minute core and cardio workout: