I like calling this my “Quick & Healthy Afternoon Lunch” 🙂
- 1 cup Brown Basmati Rice
- 1 table spoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup veggie mix (broccoli, capsicum, asparagus, mushroom, beans, baby corn)
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup chicken (or shrimp)
- 1 table spoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 table spoon sea salt
- 1 table spoon freshly ground black pepper
Boil brown rice in double the amount of water till tender, and drain. While the rice is boiling, cut up your veggies, onion and stir fry in a separate pan along with the chicken (or shrimp). Add the rice. Mix everything well. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the chicken has cooked. Add salt and pepper – serve hot!
Tip: Serving this with freshly made honey, ginger tea is very refreshing and makes for a great afternoon tonic.
I love mango lassi! 🙂
Adding honey gives my mango lassi a hint of natural sweetness, while the yogurt adds a creamy delicious texture! YUMMY!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2):
- 2 Ripe mangoes peeled
- 1/2 cup of natural unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
- 2 tbs honey
- Ice cubes one handful
- 1 tsp finely chopped Pistachios (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Pour and serve.
This delicious smoothie promotes cardiovascular health and is packed with enriching nutrients such as B-vitamins, potassium, anti-oxidants, vitamin C, and magnesium!
- 2 cups almond milk (soy milk, coconut milk, or filtered water work equally well!)
- 1 peeled clementines (deseeded)
- 1 banana (can be frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup strawberries
Put all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. Yup, it’s really that simple!
Strengthen your back, obliques and lower back with this 30-minute core and cardio workout:
Quinoa is rich in riboflavin, manganese, iron, contains twice as much fibre than most grains and adds a complete vegetable protein to your breakfast!
Quinoa is also great for people who have gluten intolerance because it is gluten-free. It also contains bioactive substances such as Quercetin which are known for their potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiviral properties.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (any of your favourite berries)
- 1 Tbs pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbs almonds
- 1 tsp honey
Preparing the perfect Quinoa
- Place 1/2 cup well-rinsed quinoa in saucepan with 1 cup water and salt. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low, simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat after 5 minutes.
- Place cooked quinoa in bowl, adding the steel cut oats.
- Top bowl with mixed berries, pumpkin seeds and almonds.
- Add honey to taste.
Suggestion: Serve with Delicious Berry Blast Breakfast Smoothie
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups almond milk (sub: coconut milk, or soy milk work just as well)
- 1 Tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey (sweetener sub: stevia, molasses, brown sugar, cane sugar are healthy options as well)
- 1 cup blueberries
Mix almond milk, chia seeds, and honey in the jar and place in refrigitaot for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can let it sit overnight to wake up to a delicious breakfast!
Top with blueberries just before serving.