1/2 cup Organic Mint
1 Green Chilly pepper
1/2 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp of Minced Garlic
1 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Cumin Seed
1 tbsp Tamarind
1 tsp Pomegranate seed
- Simply mix all ingredients in a blender till desired consistency
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice and decorate with a few mint leaves for delicious aroma before serving (optional)
This complete 1-week workout can be added to your strength-taining sessions or into a cardio routine:
The fruits can be freshly cut or frozen and you can change it up each morning, but it tastes so goooooooood! 🙂
1 cup strawberry or plain low-fat greek yogurt
3 tbsp cup oats
1/2 cup mixed berries
1 tsp. honey as sweetener (optional)
Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
Bits of dark chocolate (optional)
- In a small cup mix oats, honey (optional).
- Just before serving, layer yogurt and berries. Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon on top and add a few bits of dark chocolate (optional).
Quinoa is rich in riboflavin, manganese, iron, contains twice as much fibre than most grains and adds a complete vegetable protein to your breakfast!
Quinoa is also great for people who have gluten intolerance because it is gluten-free. It also contains bioactive substances such as Quercetin which are known for their potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiviral properties.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (any of your favourite berries)
- 1 Tbs pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbs almonds
- 1 tsp honey
Preparing the perfect Quinoa
- Place 1/2 cup well-rinsed quinoa in saucepan with 1 cup water and salt. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low, simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat after 5 minutes.
- Place cooked quinoa in bowl, adding the steel cut oats.
- Top bowl with mixed berries, pumpkin seeds and almonds.
- Add honey to taste.
Suggestion: Serve with Delicious Berry Blast Breakfast Smoothie
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups almond milk (sub: coconut milk, or soy milk work just as well)
- 1 Tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey (sweetener sub: stevia, molasses, brown sugar, cane sugar are healthy options as well)
- 1 cup blueberries
Mix almond milk, chia seeds, and honey in the jar and place in refrigitaot for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can let it sit overnight to wake up to a delicious breakfast!
Top with blueberries just before serving.
I make this carrot-apple-ginger glass of delicious goodness at least 3 times each week – it’s packed with nutritious content and offers a lot of health benefits! 🙂
Carrot and ginger juice are great for your immune system because of their rich supply of vitamins A and C.
- Vitamin A helps new cells grow, nourishes your skin and boosts your immune system.
- Vitamin C helps you produce white blood cells and protects from cell-damage
Potassium and Magnesium
Juicing apples, carrots and ginger also helps you consume more potassium and magnesium, two minerals that play key roles in your health.
- Potassium helps your cells transmit electrical impulses, and it keeps your heart, muscles and digestive tract functional.
- Magnesium nourishes your bones and teeth, and helps produce the energy you need to get through the day
Fresh carrots, apples and ginger serve as a refreshing source of vitamin K.
Getting enough vitamin K contributes to the health of your bones, but its main role involves blood clotting.
Using ginger in your juicing provides beneficial phytonutrients, including compounds that fight cancer growth.
The terpenoids activate a cancer-fighting protein called p53, triggering the death of cancer cells!